[postgis] Big Database

Timothy H. Keitt tklistaddr at keittlab.bio.sunysb.edu
Wed Oct 10 09:20:58 PDT 2001

Try this link:

    http://keittlab.bio.sunysb.edu/download/gshhs_f.gz

I converted the full resolution global coastline database from GMT
(http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/) into postgis format and dumped the
database into the above file. Its 43MB compressed, so it should be a
good test data set. Unfortunately, postgresql puts the database name in
the ascii dump file, so you might need to edit the top of the file and
replace "tkeitt" with your database name. (Since its a big file you
might use 'head' and 'tail' to cleave the first x lines from the top and
'cat' the result together after editting.)

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy H. Keitt