[postgis] Re: PostGIS 0.6 installation on Windows NT

gundamdx gundamdx at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 15:09:31 PDT 2001

Hello ..
i currentlty setting up PostgreSQL + PostGIS 0.6.0 on my computer
(PIII 450, 256MB Ram). Actually i may sucessfully install cygwin
stuffs and the postgresql database can run correctly.. However, i
come into the follow error when compiling postgis :

In function `main':
/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.3/contrib/postgis-
0.6.1/loader/pgsql2shp.c:156: undefined reference to `PQconnectdb'
/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.3/contrib/postgis-
0.6.1/loader/pgsql2shp.c:160: undefined reference to `PQstatus'
/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.3/contrib/postgis-
0.6.1/loader/pgsql2shp.c:163: undefined reference to `PQerrorMessage'
(omitting the rest)

It seems that it may not be able to link with some kind of
libraries ...
can anyone tell me how can i fix the problem?

--- In postgis at y..., "Hisaji ONO" <ono96 at f...> wrote:
>  Hi, Monsieur Ribbon.
>
>  Currently I'm running PostgreSQL 7.1.3 with PostGIS 0.6.0 on
Windows NT
> Server Ver. 4.0 SP6a + security patches(CPU Pentium III 800MHZ,
Memory
> 256MB.)
>
>  In http://postgresql.nucba.ac.jp/related.html, two links of
documents about
> compiling sources of PostgreSQL 7.1.x and installing it on
Windows2000 or
> NT.
>
>  I'll follow the instruction of latter one,
> http://www.sevainc.com/PostgreSQL_running_on_NT.html on above site.
>
>  Did you install Cygwin32 IPC package which is required for running
> PostgreSQL on Cygwin?
>
>  For compiling PostGIS 0.6, I've met following two problems.
>
>  First, I must comment out two functions in postgis_debug.c.
>
>  Second, for compiling new dumper, pgsql2shp.c, this Makefile
couldn't find
> specified path of libraries, which only exist in installed
directory, not
> exist in source directory.Probably I installed PostgreSQL binaries
before
> making PostGIS, so PostgreSQL's Makefile's intstall didn't remain
them in
> source directory. So I must directly specify path of libraries for
compiling
> this code.
>
>  Hopefully this will help you.
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to install PostGis 0.6 on Windows NT.
> >
> > I successfully installed PostGreSQL 7.1.1 with
PostgreSQLServer.exe
> > (I tried to install Cygwin and to configure PostGreSQL, but did
not
> > succeed. So I downloaded the exe and installed it. Then it
worked: I can
> > manage the DB with Zeos Database Explorer or phpPgAdmin)
> >
> > I would like to have some tips or examples to compile and run
postGis on
> > NT.
> >
> > Thanx a lot.
> >
> > Nicolas Ribot.

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM