[postgis] Development Roadmap

Nicolas Ribot nicol at ribot.com
Fri Sep 21 00:23:01 PDT 2001

> Nicholas,
>
> one element I noted was missing was handling of metadata.  XML appears
> to be taking the lead, through the ability to parse and present the
> metadata in different ways.  Is this part of your project, and if so,
> what standards?
>
> Lyndon Z

You're right Lyndon.
For the moment, the tools we plan lack the metada handling.
We will think about XML to present them, and study the existing solutions,
especially OpenGIS Web Map Server to see how they handle metadata.

Nicolas

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/XrFcOC/m5_CAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM