AW: [postgis-users] shp2pgsql problems with NULL value columns

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Wed Aug 7 09:54:20 PDT 2002

Here the sample shape with NULL values in the attributes ANFINDEX and
ENDINDEX. When I import this shape with

shp2pgsql -c -D adrstr_numpos adrstr DBname ¦ psql -d DBname

shp2pgsql crashes with message:
ERROR:  copy: line 1, pg_atoi: error in "NULL": can't parse "NULL"
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection

After filling the two attributes with 0 shp2pgsql works.

Thank you for your help.

Horst