[postgis-users] alpha GT2 Web Map Server with PostGIS support

Rueben Schulz r_j_schulz at yahoo.ca
Thu Dec 5 21:47:46 PST 2002

Hello,

This is an update of my progress with gt2wms testing with postgis data.
I now have lots of logging output, and the source code to help me track
down problems.

None of my data was displaying initially, because of a database
permission problem. I have learned that the postGIS connection uses the
geometry_columns table to find the geometry column to use for a spatial
table. I did not have read permission on this. With this fixed I now
have 2 of my 8 datasets displaying.

The rest of my data is not displaying because of a
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException from the postGIS connection. It appears
that the PostgisDataSource connection assumes that the spatial table has
a gid field.

My question to the postGIS community then is: is a gid field a
requirement of all spatial tables? I have not come across this in any
documentation.

I also have another problem with a multipolygon dataset, but it will
have to wait until the above is sorted out.

Rueben