[postgis-users] SHP2PGSQL & PHP

Steffen Macke sdteffen at web.de
Sat Dec 21 01:41:15 PST 2002

>I'm looking for an easy way to let postgis users to store their data in
>postgis. As the arcview ext. let to use arcview as client for accessing
>data only, i was looking for a php script that postgis database users
>may use to store the shapefiles they make with arcview.
>Does anyone have any new about it?

As you can only upload one file at a time, I suggest that you upload
zipfiles of your shapefiles to the server, unzip them and use shp2pgsql
to load them into
PostGIS. I can send you a simple example of such a script, if you want.
Make sure that the maximum upload file size in php.ini is big enough...

Regards,

Steffen Macke