[postgis] Inserting MultiPolygons

Dave Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Mon Feb 25 11:10:28 PST 2002

bouabdaddy wrote:
> ERROR:  ExecAppend: rejected due to CHECK constraint $3
>
> I'm not aware of the constraint described here...can you help...

SELECT
AddGeometryColumn
('land_use','GEOM_SITE_BOUNDARY','External_Boundary',-
1,'MULTIPOLYGON',2);

SELECT
AddGeometryColumn('land_use','GEOM_SITE_BOUNDARY','Site_Centroid',-
1,'POINT',0);

These statements add a constraint that the SRID must be -1.  In your
example, you use 128 and 64.

dave

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
Secure all your Web servers now - with a proven 5-part
strategy. The FREE Server Security Guide shows you how.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/iWSNbC/VdiDAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM