[postgis] Where is projects.h???

Dave Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Fri Jan 11 09:03:36 PST 2002

Nicolas Boretos wrote:

> Hi,
> Trying to compile postgis from cvs on cygwn.
> Make fails compiling post_transform.c being unable to find projects.h

As other people have said, you have to have proj4 installed in order to
compile it.

If you dont want to do this, then you can tell it not to have proj4
support:

In the Makefile, find the line:

override CPPFLAGS := -g  -I$(srcdir) $(CPPFLAGS) -DFRONTEND
-DSYSCONFDIR='"$(sysconfdir
)"' -DWANT_PROJECTION

Remove the "-DWANT_PROJECTION".  And find the line:

SHLIB_LINK = $(filter -L%, $(LDFLAGS)) -lproj

and remove the "-lproj".

It should compile in do nothing stubs so everything *should* work.

dave
ps. I had to make a minor change to postgis_proj.c so you might want to
get the
    very latest CVS version.

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!