[postgis] postgis 0.7?

Dave Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Fri Jan 18 09:17:34 PST 2002

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 06:07:14PM -0800, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>
> > In the mean time - I don't remember seeing anything on the list - does
> > 0.6.2(?) or the CVS version work with PostgreSQL 7.2bX?
>
> There is a recent (2001/12/17 ) news entry on the webpage
> that says it does not.

Correct - the GiST indexing has undergone big changes in 7.2, so I
have to re-write it.  Unfortunately, that means there will be a
code split: one for 7.1 and one for 7.2.

Hopefully this will be a minor problem - just #ifdef all the gist
code to choose the correct version to compile.

dave

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
When building an e-commerce site, you want to start with a
secure foundation. Learn how with VeriSign's FREE Guide.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/oCuuSA/XdiDAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM