[postgis] Viewing mapserver itasca demo layer using postgis

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at lignum.com
Mon Jan 21 14:15:31 PST 2002

I think I figured it out!  I did not enter in a user value for the
connection information!  I had assumed that it would try to use "nobody" at
run-time.  Now I'm getting somewhere!  Thanks guys.
But now I'm working on expressions.  What's wrong with this:
EXPRESSION ([cty_name] = 'Itasca')
It doesn't draw anything.  When I comment it out the features draw, but I
can't figure out if the syntax is wrong here or not.  I get a bit confused
with the FILTER and EXPRESSION syntax differences - is that an issue here?

                    Dave Blasby
                    <dblasby at refrac       To:     postgis at yahoogroups.com
                    tions.net>            cc:
                                          Fax to:
                    01/21/2002            Subject:     Re: [postgis] Viewing mapserver itasca demo layer using
                    01:44 PM               postgis
                    Please respond
                    to postgis

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> No change.  I get all the other shapefile layers showing just fine, but
> none from this file.
> All I've done was run the shp2pgsql, load the sql that it generated, then
> "grant select on ctybdpy to public".
> Then made my changes in the map file according to the online postgis
docs.
> Is there any projection stuff I need to do?
> Has anyone else went through this process, or have a database table that
> could load to try this with.  I'm not convinced I loaded postgis right -
> but I did it by the book and didn't get any errors.  Anything I should
> check?

Perhaps you should try to use it as the postgresql superuser to ensure
that
this isnt a permission problem.

On the other hand, it should be giving you an error if there's a problem
like that.

dave

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
Pinpoint the right security solution for your company - FREE
Guide from industry leader VeriSign gives you all the facts.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pCuuSA/WdiDAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM