[postgis-users] Installation - help

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Jul 30 09:19:14 PDT 2002

Even without the -i, you can run on different unix ports (strange, yes).
The clue here is the port number. The 'createlang' program for some
reason tried to connect to port 5583, which is not the standard port.
This says to me "this guy has a second copy of createlang hanging around
which was compiled with odd defaults". Type "which createlang", I bet it
is not the one your are expecting.

If you are on an RPM based Linux, do a "rpm -qa | grep post" and then
*remove* all the old postgresql packages you have hanging around. When
installing from source, always remove the existing stuff from the
distribution in order to avoid these problems.

P.