[postgis-users] Running postgis off a CD?

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Jun 5 14:40:55 PDT 2002

For those following the mapserver list, you may have noticed some
discussion around making a cd-runnable mapserver.  One guy has a great
little solution.

I'm thinking in terms of postgis right now and wondered about setting up
something for demonstration purposes (i.e. read-only).   I don't know if we
could use the same kind of methodology as he did - using a tcl-based httpd
server (http://zpro.maich.gr:20000/ro_demo/).

Before I ask too many more questions or reveal my ignorance to broadly, I
thought I'd put the question out to you.

Does anyone have anything like this in the works.  I guess, related to
that, does anyone have a straightforward windows install?

Tyler