[postgis-users] Accessing PostGIS from ArcView

Hisaji ONO hi-ono at mn.xdsl.ne.jp
Wed Jun 12 04:33:48 PDT 2002

Thank you very much, Mr. Leeming and Mr. Burger.

 I found and got AV Post GIS Connect Extension's new zip file from
http://digilander.iol.it/arminburger/download/avpgcon.zip and installed
it.

 It works very fine.

 And I also tried to modified "AVPGCon.AddThmDlg.OK" for the case
"spatial_ref_sys" table has no record like this.

'------------------------------
' GET DEFAULT REF SYS FROM DB
'------------------------------

' THEN FROM SELECT VIA GID FIELD
if(pgRefSys0 <> nil) then  '<<--- ADD
 if (pgRefSys0.Count = 0) then
   sridQuery = "SELECT SRID("+pgGeoCol+") FROM " + pgTable + " where
gid=0"
   pgRefSys0 =
av.Run("AVPGCon.ReturnValues",{conList,sridQuery,pgTable})
   if (pgRefSys0.Count = 0) then
     pgRefSys0 = "-1"
   end
 end
else                  '<<--- ADD
 pgRefSys0 = "-1"     '<<--- ADD
end                   '<<--- ADD

 I have one question about AV Post GIS Connect Extension. AV Post GIS
Connect Extension seemed First loaded map file's extent detemines
following loaded maps' extent. Is this right?

 Best regards.