[postgis-users] Problem with postgis.sql and libpostgis.so.0.7

Luis Mota luis.mota at iscte.pt
Wed Jun 19 15:46:29 PDT 2002

Hi everyone.

Jonathan Lowe reported a problem similar to this last month
(http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2002-May/000962.html),
but the solution found at the time doesn't apply to my case: my
libpostgis file is fresh...

The situation is:
- I reinstalled postgis in order to have PROJ.4 support. I made the
changes in the postgis makefile:
# Set USE_PG72 to 1 for PostgreSQL version >= 7.2
USE_PG72=1
#---------------------------------------------------------------
# Set USE_PROJ to 1 for Proj4 reprojection support
USE_PROJ=1
- I installed postgis without problems;
- when I run
    ./psql -f ../share/contrib/postgis.sql -d gis_teste
in postgres' bin directory, I get the following error:
psql:../share/contrib/postgis.sql:218: NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type
box3d is not yet defined
psql:../share/contrib/postgis.sql:218: ERROR:  Load of file
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/contrib/libpostgis.so.0.7 failed: libproj.so.0:
(followed by several other errors, due to dependencies, I suppose).
The gis_test db exists and is empty.

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks in advance, Luís Mota