[postgis-users] General Question on Raster within PostGIS

Angus Carr acarr at geospatial.on.ca
Mon May 13 07:35:20 PDT 2002

The coordinate transformation parameters are the ones from a world file.

A = x-scale; dimension of a pixel in map units in x direction
B, D = rotation terms
C, F = translation terms; x,y map coordinates of the center of the
upper-left pixel
E = negative of y-scale; dimension of a pixel in map units in y direction

The terms are in ADBECF order. The coordinate transformation equations are:

x1 = Ax + By + C
y1 = Dx + Ey + F

where
x1 = calculated x-coordinate of the pixel on the map
y1 =  calculated y-coordinate of the pixel on the map
x = column number of a pixel in the image
y = row number of a pixel in the image

My reference for this is the ArcView 3.2 help file, but there are others out
there.

Angus Carr.