[postgis-users] New 7.2 Indexing

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed May 15 16:11:32 PDT 2002

Anyone have any completely non-scientific benchmarks <CNSBM> on the
difference between 7.1 and 7.2 index building? The new indexes are
supposed to be O(n) to make, while the old ones were O(n^2). So in
theory, building them should be noticably faster on large datasets.
Retrieval speed should not have changed radically...

P.

--
      __
     /