[postgis-users] gpc integration - geoprocessing

Robert W. Burgholzer rburghol at vt.edu
Tue May 21 05:12:07 PDT 2002

Hello,
I am new to the list here, but caught a thread regarding the gpc
geo-processing libraries in the archives. Some code was included, but as
I am relatively inexperienced in compiling addons for postgres, I am a
little uncertain.
I moved the soot_gpc.c and .h codes into /postgres7.2--/src/include/ and
tried executing:
   gcc soot_gpc.c
but got the following errors and a couple other like it:
    access/gist.h:17:25: access/itup.h: No such file or directory
Of course all of those files are there, and it seems as if the file
gist.h is trying to look in a subdirectory for itup.h when in fact it is
in the same dir. I could change the include lines in gist.h, but am
I missing something here? Should I be "make-ing" the whole postgres app
over again, or something else?

Sorry for the lame question, but I am really looking forward to doing
some geoprocessing in postgis, but am inexperienced with the coding
procedures.

Any help would be great,

Robert Burgholzer
Graduate Research Assistant
Va Tech Dept. of Biological Systems Engineering
rburghol at vt.edu