[postgis-users] Spatial Analysis? (PostGIS -> Well-Known Text -> JTS)

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at ci.boston.ma.us
Tue May 21 09:05:31 PDT 2002

I'm not sure if there has been a recent version of pgsql2shp that can take
ad hoc queries.  I remember there was some discussion of it, but haven't
attempted that.

Normally what I do is use the option 2 you proposed  - whereby I create a
view and then use pgsql2shp to dump it out as a shapefile.  That works
pretty well.