[postgis-users] gpc - shp2psql - polygon/multipolygon

Robert W. Burgholzer rburghol at vt.edu
Wed May 22 11:37:33 PDT 2002

OK,
So far so good with the install of scot_gpc stuff. Compile and install went
fine.

My question is, all my tables are imported using shp2pgsql, and all fields end
up as multipolygons, even simple rectangles. scot_gpc doesn't handle these as
of now. Is there any switch to force polygon creation, or does anyone know of
a way to do a cast or conversion of some sort?

Now, I am not averse to trying to help out and making it capable of handling
multi-polygons, although I am a bit low on the learning curve right now, but
I'll start looking at it.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to get some polygons out of
multipolygons, please share.

rob