[postgis-users] Postgis too slow

shpr@libero.it shpr at libero.it
Wed May 22 15:30:54 PDT 2002

Now (in these days) I am not at work place and I don't remember exactly
the cpu power but I think about Pentium 3 600Mhz or more and 192Mb of
RAM (SCSI tecnology).
Postgis and Postgresql are on the same machine.
I'm using libpq.so.2.1 (I don't know if is the right version)
I do a simple query, so only one object should be returned.
Without the postgis layer the zoom and pan operations are done in a few
seconds.

Stefano.

PS. Can this problem depend (perhaps) on how I have installed some
software component?

> I don't know if these have been answered before
>
> 1) But what kind of box is your mapserver and postgis running on? (e.g
> processor and memory) -
 I assume its the same box since you don't have a