[postgis-users] gpc lost database connection - how to debug?

Robert W. Burgholzer rburghol at vt.edu
Wed May 22 16:34:48 PDT 2002

OK,
Now I've got some polygons (thanks to Paul Ramsey),. but when I execute
any of teh gpc functions I lose my connection to the database. i am
doing these from the command line, using commands such as the folowing:

gistest=# select intersection((select the_geom from microhup where gid
=1),(select the_geom from microsoil where gid = 5) );
 before or while processing the request.

I realize this is experimental code, but I am having a hard time getting
debug info, since I managed to compile without the --enable-syslog or
any other debuggin functions. Are there any other ways of determining
what is happening during these episodes?

Thanks again,
rob