[postgis-users] (no subject)

Geoff Anderson javageoff at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 2 22:29:43 PST 2002

Hi,

I am eagerly awaiting the addition of topological operators to PostGIS.   In
the mean time for fun I'm hacking together a GML centric vector overlay
thing built around PostGIS, Java2D and a lot of PHP.   Clearly there's lot's
of good reasons why you can't do real spatial processing around massive text
files,  but is there a particularly good/fast PostGIS to GML writer out
there?   What's the best way to bounding box intersect two tables? (select
the features from table_a that intersect the selected features of
table_b...) And how soon will I be able to construct new geometries from
of-the-shelf PostGIS sql?

Geoff Anderson
Boulder, CO
javageoff at hotmail.com