[postgis-users] Clarification on PostGIS/JTS?

C F gis_consultant at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 12 16:07:54 PST 2002

I might be dense (and maybe I missed a few messages), but I'm kind of
confused on what going on in the PostGIS world with respect to adding
additional spatial query capabilities via JTS functionality (porting to C or
adding Java interface?).  Instead of asking the millions of questions I
have, maybe I could just prod someone to write a comprehensive message about
the near-future of PostGIS.... what is going on now with respect to JTS, how
we will use it, when we can we expect to see it, can we play with cvs
versions now, how we might help the process... etc.  Over the past few
months, I've seen fragments of information and clues on the mail lists, but
the big picture is kind of blury for me right now :)

Thanks!