[postgis-users] finalize PostgreSQL 7.3 support

carl anderson candrsn at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 21 19:08:50 PST 2002

I <THINK> that I have a working Postgis 0.7.3 running inside a
PostgreSQL 7.3RC1

but there are a couple of things that I don't understand

OPERATORS
	&& takes a GEOMETRY and a BOX3D (that's what mapserver is
offering)

the postgis_ops.c file expects a GEOMETRY and a GEOMETRY

do I need to build/fix an implicit GEOMETRY -> BOX3D and a BOX3D ->
GEOMETRY conversion
or should I alter the definition of the OPERATOR to be   &&
(GEOMETRY,BOX3D)
or should I overload && to support both

Mapserver passes in .....   the_geom && 'BOX3D(0 0,500 500)'::BOX3D

so should that really be
   A::Geometry && B::Geometry using an implicit cast from BOX3d to
Geometry
of should it be
   A::Geometry && B::Box3D

on another front the (islossy) tag for gist indexes don't work
properly, but if eliminated the
indexes still work properly.

and on the last front, the regression tests seems to have fallen into
disrepair
is anyone open to updates being submitted

attached is the postgis.sql scripts I am working with
of course it references where I put my working pgsql (/usr/pgsql)
once a working PostgreSQL 7.3 exists it will need to be dereferenced
into the Makefile
and such.

C.