[postgis-users] buggy operator && ?

strk strk at freek.keybit.net
Fri Nov 22 07:45:00 PST 2002

I need to select geometries overlapping a BOX3D.
I don't want to know the SRID of the source geometries,
I DO KNOW the SRID of my selection BOX3D.

The following selects, though, gives me an error:

SELECT * FROM table
WHERE
	transform("the_geom", 32631) &&
	setSRID('BOX3D(0 0 0, 10 10 0)'::BOX3D, 32631);

The error is:
ERROR:  Operation on two GEOMETRIES with different SRIDs

Now, doesn't transform() return a geometry with the specified SRID ?
and what about setSRID ?
If both these sentences are true, the error is not justified !

Note that using
GeometryFromText('BOX3D(0 0 0, 10 10 0)', 32631)
gives the same result.

Any help with this ?
I'm using postgis 0.7.3

--strk;