[postgis-users] Custom projections

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Nov 25 19:31:47 PST 2002

The internal SRID's in the database are local to your system. The
AUTH_SRID is local to the SRID authority. I just made them the same for
convenience to those people (like me) who have actually memorized an
unfortunately large number of EPSG SRID codes.

So, to add your own, just insert a new record into the table. Choose
whatever SRID you like, make the authority yourself. The SRTEXT is not
required, although it is probably good practice, and the PROJ4TEXT will
be used for the actual reprojection by the proj4 library.