[postgis-users] Another Question on PostGIS Performance

Thomas Haechler thaechl at geo.unizh.ch
Thu Oct 3 09:19:13 PDT 2002

Jan,

I now prepared 3 layers in my mapfile for testing. Switching them on and
off seperately I found:

- DATA [shapefile] :
	8 secs to render
- DATA the_geom from veg:
	13 secs to render
- DAta the_geom from ( select map.the_geom, data.pg,
       map.gid from veg as map, veg_atr as data where map.pg
       = data.pg) as foo using unique gid :
	15 secs to render

The shapefile takes rather long, too. I guess I didn't realize this
before because I had always switched the rosa applet on, which takes
longer to draw. So maybe if you give me some tips on how to clean up the
data, this might be the solution.
Thank you,
Thomas

--