[postgis-users] Utility of Spatial Databases

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Oct 7 15:03:43 PDT 2002

Over the last month or so, Dave and I have had increasing opportunities
to use PostGIS interactively, while doing a big data processing project.
We used PostGIS to control batch runs, to work as a data store, and as a
data processing tool in its own right. I have attached, for example, a
SQL file I did today which filters out some ugly data on an attributive
basis, then performs a coordinate transform on it, turning data in 4 UTM
zones into data in a single planar projection. Once the GEOS library is
integrated, things will only get better!

--
       __
      /
      | Paul Ramsey