[postgis-users] Questons about current starte of java geometry objects

Rueben Schulz r_j_schulz at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 18 22:40:28 PDT 2002

Hello,

I am a recent bcit gis grad playing with postGIS 7.3 and java in my
spare time.

I have started experimenting with the postGIS java objects in my code
and have a few questions about them.

1) What is the current status for these objects? I see from posts to
this list that David Garnier was working on a wkb reader for the
geometry objects.

2) I also see that other people have had the same problem that I have
returning the wkt as objects (they are being returned as strings because
the jdbc driver thinks they are char/varchars; I have not had time to
figure out why). Has someone figured out a fix for this?

3) Is there a good way to access the llb and urt Point objects of a
PGbox3d or should these data members be made public?

Thank you,
Rueben Schulz