[postgis-users] problems with query msPOSTGISLayerGetShape()

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Wed Apr 2 06:23:59 PST 2003

I have a simple mapserver/postgis running with mapserver on windows and
postgresql on linux. All the recent discussion of postgis on cygwin
motivated me to give it a try.

I can map from cygwin-postgis, but I can not retrieve attribute data with
the mapserver query or nquery modes. I get the following error:

msPOSTGISLayerGetShape(): Query error. Error executing POSTGIS SQL
statement (in FETCH ALL): EXPLAIN VERBOSE SELECT * FROM join_region - Error
with POSTGIS data variable. You specified ''.

My linux setup, which works correctly, is postgresql 7.2.3, postgis 0.7.3
My cygwiwn setup, which fails, is postgresql 7.3.2, postgis 0.7.4

Everything else is basically the same.

Can anyone offer any thoughts on this one?

Thanks,
Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
(307) 733-0203