[postgis-users] Postgis installation on Windows(cygwin)

senta at home.ran.pp.ru senta at home.ran.pp.ru
Wed Apr 2 22:01:42 PST 2003

Hi!
> I changed cost.h but still getting errors..There are
> lots of "undefined" errors..
I used Postgis makefile
http://lists.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/attachments/20030131/3cc9e215/Makefile.obj.

After the change in the cost.h you have to rebuild Postgresql (make clean,  configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc, make).
Postgres libraries from the distribution are in  /usr/lib/postgresql. So,
change LIBPATH in Postgis makefile.

> Also, I had postgresql
> installed with cygwin and I did not  install it from
> source.. Could that be a problem?? Any suggestions??
Run the Cygwin setup, click the View button and search, what packages
are installed. Uninstall the Postgresql binary and install the source.

Sorry for my English.

Senta