[postgis-users] postgis geometries versus postgresql data types? what should we use in JDBC?

Pedro Salazar pedro-b-salazar at ptinovacao.pt
Tue Apr 8 08:48:31 PDT 2003

Greetings,

Postgresql has already defined a few geometry objects as data types and
they also are mapped to JDBC Postgresql objects.

What is right procedure: convert postgis geometries to Postgresql
objects to JDBC driver could access them natively, or should we still
use the Postgis objects? In the last case, how should we do that? The
documentation of use JDBC to get Postgis objects is old.

Are the postgis geometries related with postgresql objects, or will they
be related in future? And for just JDBC?

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.
--
PS