[postgis-users] CVS Stability

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Apr 8 20:59:26 PDT 2003

Sorry, Norman, I'm taking the cowards way out.
I have released a 0.7.5, which holds all the bug fixes since 0.7.4.
This will have to hold everyone together until the 0.8 release. I do
not anticipate the delay from now until 0.8 should be all that long
(one month max) and we really do not have enough parallel development
(or a sufficiently well defined release cycle) to warrant running a
separate branch for the stable tree at this time. When the time comes
for the bottom-up rewrite which Dave keeps talking about, we will fork
a stable branch.
So, my warning stands: use the CVS version only if you're in an
experimental mood.
Paul