[postgis-users] Using libpq, the COPY command and binary insertion of geometries

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Fri Apr 11 13:37:06 PDT 2003

Ryan Proulx,

Funny you should mention this, I was going to add it soon as part of the
SF SQL conformance.

Basically, I will probably be writing a function that will take the
postgis-WKB type (that what you get when you ask for
asBinary(geometry)).  The text representation of the postgis-WKB is a
hex-dump (ie.  looks something like "FF00A747").

I'm not sure on the time frame since its not something I can just
quickly do.

dave