[postgis-users] point_inside_circle(geometry,float,float,float) : units -> meters ?

Pedro Salazar pedro-b-salazar at ptinovacao.pt
Mon Apr 14 11:08:57 PDT 2003

Greetings,

I would like if is it possible to use the
point_inside_circle(geometry,float,float,float) function to obtain all
the geometries (points) inside a circle but with a radius defined in
meters and not in the native units?

For instance, I would like to know what are the points inside a
circumference but it would make sense that my circumference radius units
be in meters and not in the native units (WGS84 decimal degrees).
Because it's not possible to convert the decimal degrees to meters since
1' in latitude is different  than 1' in longitude (meters).

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.
--
PS