[postgis-users] parser error at or near "."

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Dec 3 09:33:51 PST 2003

As strk notes, the versions of psql and the postgresql database are
important to match up.
I hit that this lack of backward compatibility before - it's irritating to
say the least, but at least  it isn't a postgis problem. :)

             strk
             <strk at keybit.net>
             postgis-users-bou         PostGIS Users Discussion
             nces at postgis.refr         <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.
             actions.net               net>
                                                                        cc

             12/03/2003 05:40                                       Fax to
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [postgis-users] parser error at
             Please respond to         or near "."
               PostGIS Users
                Discussion
             <postgis-users at po
             stgis.refractions
                   .net>

You should use psql version 7.2.x to connect to PostgreSQL 7.2.x.
The "." could be a schema specification (introduced in 7.3).

--strk;