[postgis-users] Re: failure to load postgis.sql

Christian Spanring spanring at oir.at
Thu Dec 4 23:51:13 PST 2003

It seems the main problem on mac os x (at least on my 10.3.1) is that
there is no libstdc++XXX.so, only a libstdc++.a.
I checked the linkage with otools (ldd doesn't exist on mac os x) of
postgres etc. -> libstdc++ doesn't appear, it's not linked nor missing.
Maybe the tests regarding libstdc++ during compilation are ok because
there is the .a, but later on runtime it can't find the shared object.
Since this issue goes far beyond my little unix-knowledge, I'm not
quite sure about this theory. If I find a solution I'll let you know.
Good luck! Christian