[postgis-users] Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc(32)

Per-Olof Norén pelle at alma.nu
Tue Feb 18 00:38:27 PST 2003

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Have you watched it in top? Does the postgres backend in fact grow to
> a size similar to your memory footprint? Always good to check the
> obvious answers first... :)
>
> Düster Horst wrote:
>
>> I try to manipulate a table with 140000 records with
>>
>> delete from table  where archive=1;

We have had problems with delete´s on 7.3.1 (have upgraded to 7.3.2)
even without postgis installed.
A delete of 22000 records from a table which had 3 foreign key
constraints took nearly an hour and
100% CPU of a 2GHz 1G RAM intel machine running mandrake
Maybe this is irrelevant to your problem, but could be a clue.

Regards,
Per-Olof Norén