[postgis-users] line simplication

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Jan 6 16:47:21 PST 2003

Precisely correct (I think). The best way to the desired result should
be to implement a Douglas simplification function, and then create a
view which (a) uses attributes to reduce to just the features of
interest (interstates, etc) and (b) uses the simplify() function to
remove unnecessary vertices from the features.

P.

--
       __
      /