[postgis-users] building in CygWin

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Mon Jan 20 09:34:20 PST 2003

Matt Lynch writes:

> > I am trying to build PostGIS in Cygwin on a Win2K machine.  Postgres
> > is running ok, and I am done to what looks like one problem with the
> > PostGIS build.  I have been following the "NON-UNIX User's Guide to
> > Installing PostGIS on Windows" by Chip Hankley.

Unfortunately that is a bit out of date

Check my recent posts for a Makefile and a psql source fix necessary to
build PostGIS against  the currently distributed Cygwin PostgreSQL < 7.3.x >

note: I reposted the Makefile in a followup message because the attachment
with the original post was 'scoured'

For those having a difficult time producing a Cygwin binary  I can provide a
custom compilation of PostgreSQL with PostGIS  for a couple of hours of consulting
time.  If anyone is interested in this service please contact me off-list

Cheers

Norman