[postgis-users] PostGIS Windows installer

Steffen Macke sdteffen at web.de
Tue Jul 1 14:00:56 PDT 2003

> Isn't it possible to bundle up the required cygwin dll's, etc. so that
> installing a full cygwin environment can be avoided by those who find the
> task daunting?

You can package the required Cygwin packages easily:
Download the required packages (see lists PostGIS Windows Installation Tips
or DCMMS Administration Guide) with the Cygwin setup and put them together
with the Cygwin installer in a zipfile or on a CD. The files will end up in a
folder starting with ftp

Unfortunately, I don't have enough webspace
available for such a package (~ 60 MB).

The Cygwin installer is automatically picking up those files regardless
whether you've copied everything on a CD or not. Select the option "Install
from local directory"
for this purpose.

Steffen