[postgis-users] Data Versioning?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 9 15:36:51 PDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Pardon my beginner question, but I am trying to find out how
> PostGIS/PostgreSQL handles data versioning.  Myself I am familiar with
> SDE, but would love to find an open source alternative to versioning large
> datasets.  Does PostGIS handle data versioning?  If not, are there plans
> for this in the future?  Are there any documents/past email postings
> regarding this?  Thanks.

Jeff,

  I've no idea what SDE might be, but there's always CVS. This is used
primarily for source code development projects, but I've used it for
document development, too. So, I imagine that one could check in and out
different data sets, too.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)