[postgis-users] points to polyline or polygon

Randy James rjames57 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 12:54:21 PDT 2003

Hi

I managed to get a user interface with php mapscript that
inserts points in a postgis database, and now i am
attempting to insert lines and polygons from a web browser.
Has anyone done this?

I have a string of points that were entered in, one row per
point and was wondering if anyone has converted a string of
points to a line or polygon, or has a sample sql that will
do it.
I have a column in the table that has a ID for the line, I
am using the same ID on all points that I want merged into
a line. Than i hopefully can use a sql statement to select
all points with the same id and make them into a line, or
polygon.

Any input would be of help.

Cheers
Randy