[postgis-users] export/import

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Jul 21 20:36:22 PDT 2003

There are two "importable" forms. One is the form you are quoting. The
other is the "canonical" form, the text form which maps directly to a
database object. It is what you get if you do a simple "select geom
from thetable", or a simple database dump. It will import just time.
Try using "pg_dump -t" to dump a table. It will be perfectly restorable.
Paul