[postgis-users] Missing include for FreeBSD

strk strk at freek.keybit.net
Sun Jul 27 14:51:43 PDT 2003

pramsey wrote:
> I am thinking that if we include the postgresql config.h file in
> postgis.h, we get the platform detection for free, and probably get this
> include.
> Comments?

I think that postgis should get its own configure script instead..
IMHO it does not sound kind to include a config.h from an external package.

I always compile postgis from outside postgres tree and also do not
feel conortable in having to keep a compiled source tree of postgres in
order to build postgis. Even if as noted some time ago in this list
some headers of postgres that do not get installed are still needed,
I think an effort should go to lessen postgres source requirements
(installation dir and the like).

--strk;