[postgis-users] Is there a Java API for PostGIS

rhranac at openplans.org rhranac at openplans.org
Thu Mar 13 10:54:38 PST 2003

We wrote much of the original GeoTools PostGIS API, which does fully
handle both importing to and exporting from the PostGIS database.
GeoTools is big, but quite modular, so you could fairly effectively just
use the PostGIS module for importing and exporting, if you wish.  I
suggest that you get in directly touch with chris.holmes at openplans.org
or myself if you want more details.  Or you can show up at the weekly
GeoTools developer IRCs (see website).

Best Regards,
Rob Hranac