[postgis-users] error executing postgis.sql

Jaakko Kähkönen jaakko.kahkonen at fgi.fi
Wed Mar 19 00:10:46 PST 2003

Heiko.Kehlenbrink at vermes.fh-oldenburg.de wrote:

> trying postgis 0.7.4 i got :
>

> BEGIN
>         message
> ------------------------
>  PL/PgSQL is installed.
> (1 row)
>
> psql:postgis.sql:18: NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type histogram2d is not yet defined
> psql:postgis.sql:18: ERROR:  stat failed on file '$libdir/libpostgis.so.0.7': No such file or
> directory

I got this also with Gentoo linux on Sparc64 (postgresql 7.3, postgis 0.7.4)

In my case I changed all '$libdir/libpostgis.so.0.7' to
'/usr/lib/libpostgis.so.0.7' in postgis.sql file.

Also "createlang plpgsql [yourdatabase]" made some mistakes with path to
plpgsql.so, so I made it "manually" in psql prompt

CREATE FUNCTION plpgsql_call_handler() RETURNS OPAQUE AS
'/usr/lib/postgresql/plpgsql.so' LANGUAGE 'C';

CREATE TRUSTED PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' HANDLER
plpgsql_call_handler LANCOMPILER 'PL/pgSQL';

before "psql -d [yourdatabase] -f postgis.sql".

Now Postgis seems to be working ok. Hopefully somebody knows the origin
of the "$libdir" problem...
--
regards,
Jaakko