[postgis-users] shp2pgsql & uppercase tablenames

Jeff Lounsbury jeffloun at refractions.net
Thu Mar 20 10:20:04 PST 2003

shp2pgsql inserts all tables and column names as lower case because Postgresql
interprets everything as lower case unles you force it to be upper cased by
quoting your table name and column names. This is done on purpose so that case is
not accidentally causing people to become very confused about how to reference
the table and column names that have upper case in them.

Were you having any problems other than all things being lower cased? You said
you were getting actual errors? Let me know if this is the case...
-Jeff
Refractions Research