[postgis-users] shp2pgsql & uppercase tablenames

strk strk at freek.keybit.net
Fri Mar 21 07:59:47 PST 2003

schut wrote:
> If you try to add some shape to postgres using the shp2pgsql utility, and you
> specify a tablename that contains uppercase characters, errors occur. Is this
> a bug or is it a feature? It seems to me that shp2pgsql shows no consistent
> behaviour regarding uppercase characters in tablenames, but I might be wrong
> and it might be intended behaviour...

Jeff is lazy :) about providing a user switch to tell what should be done
with postgres identifiers (table and attribute names). You could try
with a patch I made, but first I do not know wheater it is still
applicable (code changed since I made it) and second you will not have
the choice of _not_ quoting them ...

let me know.

--strk;