[postgis-users] POSTGIS DTED...

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Mon May 12 05:35:36 PDT 2003

Nick,

Postgis has no native raster image storage capabilities.
Though there are some workarounds, like having a polygon of the raster extent
in a database, and a record with a link to the file name. Or to a blob with
your image data, but then you should take care of projections, etc. etc.
yourself.
For more info try to search this mailing list (
http://postgis.refractions.net/support.php ); the question you asked has
certainly been asked before.

Regards,
Vincent Schut.